Biodanza Association UK is a professional membership association for Biodanza Sistema Rolando Toro (SRT) teachers / facilitators committed to providing high standards of practice. Our members agree to follow the methodology as originally proposed by the founder, Rolando Toro Araneda.
Our aims are
- To represent and support Biodanza SRT (Sistema Rolando Toro) Teachers in the UK
- To promote high standards of practice and professional conduct
- To raise awareness of Biodanza SRT in the UK
- To work towards the growth of Biodanza in the UK
- To establish and maintain links with the IBF and Biodanza SRT worldwide
What are the benefits of being a member ?
- We provide our members with a quality website for celebrating their work, sharing up to date information (newsletters, blogs and research articles), and we provide networking opportunities
- You can publish your own profiles, photographs, classes and workshops on the Biodanza Association UK website.
- We offer opportunities for personal and professional development to our members and to the general public
- We invite members to join awareness campaigns (e.g. Biodanza International Day), and as a professional body we ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the accuracy of communication from members about the Rolando Toro System through our media presence, at events and festivals
- We work with our members together for a common purpose
We require all teacher and student members to sign up to a code of ethics and conduct. A full copy of this is available to the general public on request. A condition of membership to Biodanza Association UK is that our members have current and valid professional insurance to cover all of their activities. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any member’s activities. We request that the general public make their own decisions about the most suitable teacher/facilitator and class/event for them to attend. We are not in a position to endorse the views or information presented on our members websites or the events that are advertised by them directly on this site. We do however act as a professional body who works closely to raise professional standards of Biodanza in UK and do communicate with our members over matters of professional development and practice.
Biodanza Association UK is a member of People Dancing, the Foundation for Community Dance.